Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cute Boys and Wide-Footed Women


It's strange how quickly a routine can develop, even when you're so incredibly far away from everything familiar.

Last night, we salvaged dinner from the convenience store again. It's easier than a restaurant because all the prices are clearly marked and you don't actually have to talk to anybody. So we had some bread and apples for dinner, then for the rest of the evening, my roommate chated with her boyfriend on the internet (she brought her laptop) while I studied Polish. All of our hosts are busy for exams, which they keep appologizing for and promising to be more hospitable when their term ends.

I think I'm finally over my jet lag. Tonight I'll try to convince the other American girl to do something exciting with us and then maybe I'll have something worth writing about.

Polish Phrases of the Day

Ile to kosztuje? - How much does that cost?
Jest pochmurno. - It's cloudy.
Czy chcialby pan pojsc na spacer. - Would you like to go for a walk?

2 comments:

Boaz Munro said...

AMAAAANNNNNNNNDA take pictures I love you.

Gillian said...

Dude, check this out.

Creeepy!

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/fur/346837686.html