Friday, June 8, 2007

Ameriki - Pssht


We found our new favorite restaurant in Wroclaw. It's called Ladlo Stacja, which more or less means "Chow Station." It's a hip little hole in the wall with Elvis posters. It specializes in vegetarian panini and the staff speaks broken English. They were very helpful and knew the words "big" and "small" to offer us the two sizes of panini. Very good.

Last night, my roommate and one of the other interns, Jackie, and I met some of the other international students in our dorm. There are four other boys from Turkey who spoke with my roommate. After we left, she asked me how to say, in English, boys that just want to drink and dance and call to girls on the street. I said "sleazy". She told me that the Turkish boys we met were sleazy. Nevertheless, we went out with them last night. They took us around to a few clubs, all of which were virtually empty. Apparently all of the universities in Wroclaw are in the middle of exams. Outside of one of the clubs, the three of us girls were standing with on of the Turkish boys, and this middle-aged Polish man came up and asked Omar for a light. He was obviously drunk and then continued to ask Omar what his prices were like. He thought we were for sale and that Omar was our negotiator. You know.

Today, back to work. The one woman who speaks English was off today, so we just hung around and helped correct some of the promotional materials in English, then we were introduced to the woman who will be giving us Polish lessons for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, she's going to her vacation home for two months starting on June 15th, though she did invite us to visit her there for a weekend. We met her at a bar where she was giving a group of 8 senior women English lessons. They were all drinking beer and were very pleased to hear me enunciate some basic English phrases. They all looked like my grandmother. It was pretty satisfying.

So far, satisfying is a good word to describe my time here. Satisfying and jankie.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

IM LISTENING TO THE RAIN.

I miss you. I really do. And I want to learn how to wrap your handlebars myself. And I really miss you and also I'm lonely.

Unknown said...

Czesc,

Hi I live in Fabrycczna I look for girl to make sexy with me. I want to strugać strusia to cycki. Prosze mnie zawiezc Prostytutka.

Do widzenia.

Boaz Munro said...

Ello I live in Belarus but am coming to Wroclaw soon for work I is looking also for prostytutka for to make sexy in my pants with big soft bosoms.